Cowlitz County Fire District 6 is a combination department with 28 volunteer responders. Our volunteers are trained to the same level and expected to perform in the same capacity as career responders. We accept both EMS and fire volunteers; our volunteers are eligible for paid training, volunteer stipends, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
Volunteers must meet requirements for membership:
- Be 18 years old.
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or higher degree.
- Pass a background check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Present a 3 year abstract of your driver’s record.
- Pass a fit test and drug screen.
- Continually meet participation requirements and complete required training promptly.