Canby Fire District and Molalla Fire District are currently holding a joint recruitment for Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter/Paramedic.
Application period closes September 9, 2022 at 1600 hours PST.
The duties for this position include but are not limited to responding to emergencies, operating equipment, and performing duties to the level of training to suppress fires, effect rescue, and perform treatment to sick and injured persons. Working conditions involve confined spaces above and below grade, working from heights, climbing ladders, in extremes of heat and cold, in contact with known hazardous materials, and in areas immediately dangerous to life and health, involving heavy lifting and/or dragging while wearing protective equipment including self-contained breathing apparatus.
CANBY AND MOLALLA FIRE DISTRICTS ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS. WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- US Citizenship
- High School Diploma/GED OR other proof of high school completion
- Valid Driver License – must be insurable by the Fire Districts
- Ability to Read/Speak English (Preferred bilingual)
- NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800
- Firefighter I
- EMT OR Paramedic Certification
- Valid CPAT
- Must pass a background check, psychological exam, and NFPA 1582 physical as part of conditional offer - A felony conviction will result in candidate disqualification.
- Drug Use Testing - Candidates may be subject to a drug test and potential disqualification as per individual district policies.
- Population Served: 30,000, which includes the cities of Molalla and Mulino.
- Number of Stations: 3
- Number of Career Personnel:
- 1 Fire Chief
- 4 Full-time Lieutenants
- 1 Administrative Staff
- 10 Line Staff
- Number of Volunteer Personnel: 35 volunteers consisting of combat, Interns, rehab, chaplains and water tender operators
- Number of Apparatus:
- 3 Medics
- 3 Engines
- 2 Water Tenders
- 2 Brush Engines
- 1 Rehab Unit
- 1 ATV
- 5 Command Vehicles
Molalla Fire has joined Civil Service and testing with Canby Fire District. Once a testing process opens, applicants will be instructed to submit all documents electronically and then will be contacted via email and/or phone on their application status and testing schedule. Make sure to have accurate contact information so we are properly able to contact you.
Candidates who attain a passing score during the assessment center will be placed on the Joint District eligibility list(s). Canby Fire District will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process as positions open.
Molalla Fire District is governed by ORS 242.702 to 242.824 Civil Service for Firefighters.
All applications must include the following required documents in the below specified order in a single scanned PDF file, emailed to APPLICATIONS@CANBYFIRE.ORG. Applicants may be disqualified for including additional documents that are not on the “required” or “supplemental” lists below, or if any “required” documents are missing. Documents that are out of order from the list below may result in disqualification. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted. If you do not have access to a scanner or PDF software, please bring hard copies of your application to Canby Fire District’s main station for assistance.
Testing Timeline (all dates are subject to change):
- Applications Open: August 8 @ 0800 hours
- Applications Close: September 5 @ 1600 hours
- Assessment Center Invitations (sent via email): September 7
- Assessment Center Testing September 15 and 16 (held at Canby Fire District*)
- Candidate Rank Notifications (sent via email): September 16
*Canby Fire District, Station 361, 221 South Pine Street, Canby, OR 97013
- Page 1-4: Joint District Application
- Page 5: High school diploma or GED OR other proof of high school completion
- Page 6: Valid Driver License
- Page 7: Proof of EMT; (or) EMT Advanced; (or) EMT Intermediate; (or) EMT Paramedic – Document should match the position being applied for.
- Page 8: Firefighter 1 (NFPA, DPSST, IFSAC, Pro Board, Joint District Document Substitution Form)
- Page 9-12: NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 proof of completion (Joint District Document Substitution Form)
- Page 13: Valid CPAT showing completion within the past 12 months
Supplemental Documents (if applicable):
- Page 14: Apparatus Operator Equipped with Pump (NFPA, DPSST, IFSAC, Pro Board, Joint District Document Substitution Form) – REQUIRED for MOLALLA FIRE DISTRICT
- Page 15: Wildland Firefighter Type 1 certificate (NFPA, DPSST, IFSAC, Pro Board, NWCG, Joint District Document Substitution Form) – PREFERRED for both CANBY and MOLALLA FIRE DISTRICT
- Page 16: Proof of Veteran’s Status (if applicable) DD-214
- Page 17: Current Volunteers, Interns, or Students affiliated with any of the hiring districts are encouraged to
submit the Joint District Affiliation Form signed by their Fire Chief indicating time with agency in good